Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't forget to....

I have this issue with lists and notes. I make them for everything and write them on anything. There's to-do lists, grocery lists, reminders, to-pack, to-call, or orders placed/pricing/contact numbers if I'm at work. They might be on blank paper, lined paper, scraps of paper, work notepads, backs of receipts, paystubs...basically whatever I can find nearby. These lists are the culmination of years and years of forgetting things.

The problem isn't the lists, though. The problem is one or both of the following:

1. I never dispose of the lists. They end up in either my car or the pockets of my pants, which in turn makes my laundry room look like this within a week.

Lists


2. I forget the list altogether. Leave it at home/work, in the car or go to the store but don't take it out of my pocket. I like to think of the that last one as a challenge to remember what I needed without consulting the list, but really I just forgot I had it. Leaving it at work is the worst, though, because when I come back in the morning it's sitting on my desk, staring at me as if to say 'you didn't do any of this did you?' Or, if it's a grocery list, 'you don't have any lunch today!!! HAHAHA!!!'

I'm not sure how to combat this issue, but I'm hoping that this will solve it once and for all.

Reminder


No comments:

Post a Comment