Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Brunch: Raw Peanut Butter Cookies

I was going to a potluck this past weekend and I knew there were some raw foodies going and decided to make items for each group. It was Good Friday and I couldn't procure the items to make the thing I wanted, but found this recipe on The Rawtarian. It turned out amazing and I would certainly make it again when I am catering to GF and/or Raw Foodies. They went fast, so no picture this time.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Raw Almonds
1 cup Pitted Dried Figs
1/2 cup Raw Peanut Butter
1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
Sea Salt

Run the almonds through a food processor to create an 'almond flour'. Add the other ingredients and blend until smooth and doughy (add more peanut butter if needed, probably will need to scrape side of the food processor every so often).

Roll dough into small balls about a teaspoon each, then press down with a fork on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with a half-pinch of sea salt each. Put the sheet in the fridge for a minimum of an our, but overnight would work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment