Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Brunch: Fruit Leather



INGREDIENTS:
1+ pint of Apricots (or other stone fruit), washed, pitted and chopped
1 pint of Strawberries, greens removed
or any other fruits you see fit

I asked my aunt for this recipe thinking it would be some great secret or process. She used to make it for my sister and I when we were young and I would eat it up until my stomach was achy. Turns out it is really easy.

In a large bowl, use a potato masher to mash up the fruit until it is very pulpy. Spread out 1/4" thick over lightly oiled saran wrap on a cookie sheet. Set outside in the mid-morning on a hot, sunny day and allow to sun dry for the day, flipping over to make sure both sides are equal. Roll up to preserve!

I have to be honest, it wasn't sunny enough to fully dry mine so I had to use the convection setting on my oven at 170F for about 4 more hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment