Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Brunch: Apple-Raspberry Fritter Drops

Every week I pick my wife up some apple fritters from the farmer's market at the fairgrounds. This weekend I decided I'd had enough of being left out of the tastiness and that I would set out to make my own. I am going to attempt to make the pocket pie-style type that I buy her, but I first want to spend a weekend searching out the perfect pie pastry and then begin experimenting.



INGREDIENTS:

2 Apples, peeled and cored (I used Mac, but any crisp tart apple would work)
1/2 Pint Raspberries, chopped
1 tbsp Margarine, melted
2/3 cup Soy Milk
2 Egg Replacers
1 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 heaping tsp Cinnamon
1 heaping tbsp Sugar

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add melted margarine, soy milk and egg replacers, stir until mixed and store in fridge, covered (for about 1/2 hour).

Cut up peeled apples into small pieces (1/4" or so) and raspberries, too. Stir into batter until a good balance is reached.

Heat about an inch of oil over medium-high (375F) in a large bottomed pan. Drop tablespoon-sized amounts of batter into the oil and fry until golden, flipping to get both sides (about 5 minutes total) and set on a plate with paper towel to soak excess oil. Enjoy while hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment