Saturday, February 8, 2014

Olympic Dreams (not aspirations)

My dad has traveled to Sochi to cover the winter Olympics and it has really been worrying me. He’s been to many games before, but with everything surrounding this one, I was concerned for his well-being. To make matters worse, I hadn’t heard from him since his plane left on Tuesday. I finally heard from him today, but before that happened my stress managed to manifest itself in a dream last night.

In the dream, I awoke to the phone ringing, which I missed. I immediately filled with dread and got on the computer (I don’t know why). In my email there was a notice that my dad had died in a bombing(again, not sure why it would be email). I broke down, obviously, and I remember thinking about how much I really didn’t want him to go and tried to get him not to (actually wanted/did those things).

The worst part about the dream is that my mother was there to console me about it. When I woke abruptly, the fact that my mother is not actually alive to console me set in a while before the realization that my dad is (at the time ‘probably’) fine. It was a panicky little bit and I can’t be happier that I finally got a message from him saying all is well.

imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment