Thursday, May 31, 2012

Random Movie Review: The Raid -Redemption-

The Raid -Redemption-, 2011(2012 Canada)
Starring: Iko Uwais, Ananda George, Ray Sahetapy
















In short - This movie kicks some serious butt. It's got EVERY kind of fighting. Guns, swords, martial art-style hand-to-hand, random items.

The movie is Indonesian w/ English subtitles and that doesn't take away from anything at all. I suppose action movies are not particularly reliant on dialogue. The movie takes place in a tenement, which is being raided by a SWAT team. There seems to be a duality as to why they are swarming the building. One member of the team seems to be a corrupt cop looking for a way to get ahead in the force, another member seems to be in it to rescue his brother from a life of crime. Neither one of them gets the result they expect, and MANY die along the way.

This move is not for the faint of heart. But if you enjoy action and killing and don't mind blood, this is definitely the movie for you. I don't generally consider myself an action fan, but I definitely appreciate any style of movie that is done well.

I'll give this one an 8/10. I think I'd like to watch it again on Blu-Ray or in better quality than the one I saw, but the action was enough to shine through all of that, so it could be even better than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment